Getting invited to a summer BBQ shouldn’t stress you out. Here are 5 tips to keep you on track!
- Always make sure you choose a lean protein, such as fish, shrimp, scallops, grilled chicken breast, veggie burgers, buffalo burgers, or fat-free hot dogs. You can top them off with low-calorie condiments like ketchup, pickles, salsa, mustard, and hot sauce.
- Grilled veggies–like onions, peppers, asparagus, and corn on the cob–are flavorful and very low in calories.
- Stay away from high-fat side dishes like coleslaw, macaroni salad, and potato salad.
- If you need to have something sweet, try fruit pops and fruit bars that contain no added sugar and are fat-free.
- And don’t forget to stay hydrated: make sure you drink lots of water!