Eating healthy is great, but why don’t more people do it? It might have something to do with the fact that fresh food goes bad faster than its processed counterpart.
But with these tips on how to organize your fridge and store fruits, vegetables and more, keeping your food fresh will be super easy!
- Onions stored in pantyhose will last 8 months!
- Swish your berries in one part white or apple cider vinegar and 10 parts water.
- Keep your guacamole from going bad by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Add butter to the exposed side of cheese to keep it from drying out.
- Keep your potatoes from sprouting by storing them with apples.
- Before covering a bowl of lettuce, place a paper towel on top to absorb the moisture.
- Preserve fresh herbs by putting them in ice cube trays filled with olive oil.
- Wrap the top of your banana bunches with plastic wrap.
- Store food in mason jars instead of tupperwear. Better for the food and better for you!
- Wrap lettuce, celery and broccoli stalks in aluminum foil before storing in the fridge.
For a great list, check out Buzzfeed’s 27 Ways To Make Your Groceries Last As Long As Possible