This vegetarian meal is quick and easy! It makes 1 serving, and all you need is 15 minutes to prepare the ingredients and 8 to 10 minutes to cook them. It’s dinner for one in 20 minutes or less!
- 1/4 of a 1 lb. block of firm-style organic tofu
- 2 Tbsp. soybean or sesame oil
- 1/2 cup onions, raw and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach, raw
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce (low-sodium)
- 1 oz. water
1. Cut a 1/4 section from the block of tofu. Press water from tofu by putting it between several layers of paper towels and placing a dinner plate on top. Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
2. While tofu is draining, prepare vegetables.
3. Heat oil in wok or large frying pan.
4. Cook onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms and cook 1-2 minutes.
6. Cube the tofu and stir-fry for 1 minute.
7. Add zucchini and cook for 3 minutes.
8. Add spinach, soy sauce, and water. Stir well and cook 1-2 minutes.
9. Serve warm and enjoy!
Nutritional info: Makes 1 serving with 248 calories, 17 g fat, and 16 g protein.