Jeanette Jenkins is not only the celeb sculptor behind Pink’s rock hard abs and Kelly Rowland’s fantastic physique; she has fit-healthy credentials that make her a fitness legend: she’s the founder of The Hollywood Trainer, she’s a certified weight-loss expert and a Nike Training Club Ambassador.
Her training style kicks your butt with intense varied circuits of cardio and strength intervals, and they are designed for every chick that wants to shape up fast. Her routines work for just about any woman, whether you are new to exercising or are a certified gym rat.
“Allow yourself to be a beginner. No one starts off being great, we all have to put in the work to achieve our goals.” – Jeanette Jenkins.
Here are 4 of her fat blasting exercises to get you losing weight fast:
Lunges are the fastest way to get lower body DEFINITION.
Used to sticking to stationary lunges? It’s time to make them more complex and more fat burning! The next two lunge variations will re-contour the abs, butt, hamstrings, quads and arms while adding some balance and strength to your entire body.
Butt Definer Lunge:
- While holding a dumbbell in each hand, start lunging backward with the right leg, bending both knees and raise the arms to your shoulder level; your palms should face down.
- After lunging, stand up on the left leg with your body leaning forward from hips (try not to move the hips and let your butt lift everything) and extend the right leg behind along with the arms facing downwards.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the lunge.
- Repeat this exercise for up to 20 reps on each leg.
- Start with your feet apart and the hands your side or by your hips.
- Keeping your body upright and the abs tightened, put your right foot in front of you while the left one lunges behind.
- Jump up and switch (scissor) your legs.
- When landing, make sure your knees are bent and you land on your heels; then alternate the legs and get off the ground quickly to make it intense.
- Do 10-20 reps.
Explosive kicks, punches and fast walks burn FAT QUICK!:
The next two movements tone up the arms and the lower-body (buttocks and thighs); and off course they trim down the obliques and melt away belly fat.
Plank Walk Ups:
- From a squat position, with your hands on the floor, start walking slowly into a plank position, then walk back into the initial squat form.
- Step back and forward for at least 10 strides – leading with the left leg and then with the other leg.
- Don’t forget to alternate speed: after your first slow steps, keep your hands down and go as fast as you can.
Roundhouse Kick Cross Combo Mix:
- Keep your belly tightened and your elbows bent in front of your chest in a defensive position, and start with the right foot forward.
- Kick to the side with your left foot and get a full extension.
- Return to start; then jab and cross moving your torso to the left side and punching with the right. Make sure to get a full twist at your waist.
- Switch sides; do 15-20 reps on each side.
From Jeanette’s health and fitness’ guide:
– A fitness goal is commitment, so she suggests you schedule your workouts seriously – don’t just cancel your exercise day for silly reasons.
– For a healthy green diet, go “3-3” daily: add to your meals 3 servings of green veggies to stay full and 3 cups of green tea to maintain health.
– Cut out the junk food: 80% of your meals should consist of organic fruit and veggies, lean meat and whole grains. The other 20% can be your favorite pig out foods.