If you’re ready to brave the frigid cold weather and forgo the warm temperatures of the gym, you’ll be dealing with snow, ice, sleet, hail, and much more. So if you thought running in the blazing heat was challenging, try staying warm, dry, and comfortable when it’s snowing…
Staying comfortable while exercising in this weather depends on a few factors: how fast you’re going to run, how comfortable you are in the cold, and how long your run is going to be. That’s where your outfit comes into play. Let LR help you plan your next perfect winter weather fitness outfit!
Here are a few pointers:
If it’s 30 degrees or below —
- Wear running gloves or liners to protect your hands.
- Put on a long-sleeve base layer shirt to keep warm.
- Slip on water-resistant but breathable running shoes help make snowy or rainy conditions better on your feet.
- Choose a lightweight hat so your head doesn’t get too sweaty.
- When it’s particularly frigid, wear fleece neck warmer that will keep your neck and chin warm while also helping to prevent burning lungs.
If it’s above 30 degrees —
- Dress in layers: long sleeve and a lightweight zipper jacket.
- Rainy weather calls for as little mesh on your sneaks as possible.
- Try an ear-covering headband to keep your ears warm, but prevent overheating.
- Pucker up to some lip balm with SPF even if you’re running under cloudy skies.
- If it’s windy, you’ll need to cozy up into some running tights to keep out the chill.
What is your perfect winter running outfit? Share your thoughts with us on Facebook and Twitter: @LucilleRoberts