With the early morning air starting to hint at cooler weather, nothing starts the day like a hot cup of tea and fresh slice of banana bread. Fat free with no added sugar and some “hidden” protein, this banana bread gives your day the perfect start.
- 4 ripe bananas (sliced)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup applesauce (no sugar added)
- 2 scoops vanilla Liverite protein powder
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3 egg whites
1. Preheat your oven to 375.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the whole wheat flour, vanilla Liverite protein powder and baking soda.
3. In a second mixing bowl, combine applesauce, almond extract and eggwhites. Beat using an electric mixer for 1 minute.
4. Add the bananas (1/2 a banana at a time) to the eggwhite mixture and continue to beat with the electric mixer.
5. Slowly combine the contence of both bowls while continuously mixing.
6. Pour into muffin tins or a 8×4 baking dish. If using muffin tins, bake for 45 minutes; if using a baking dish, bake for an additional 15 minutes (totaling 1 hour.)
7. Now see if you can wait until tomorrow morning before taking a bite!