Holiday parties are great. You get to see friends you haven’t seen outside of Facebook in a long time. Your favorite foods and drink are also available in a buffet from your dreams. But if you’re undergoing a lifestyle change, the endless supply of sugary cocktails and 10 different kinds of pie can have you dreading the season. Don’t worry, here are 10 tips to avoid the calorie monster during holiday parties.
- Fill half your plate with veggies.
- Bring your own healthy dish.
- Drink lots of water.
- Eat until you’re satisfied, not stuffed.
- Hold off on the alcohol in your drinks.
- Allow yourself small indulgences.
- Bring gum or mints to chew when you’re done eating.
- Eat a healthy snack before the party.
- Savor your food and chew slowly.
- Focus on socializing, not food!