Ok, I know you non-morning people are probably thinking ‘no way is this ever a good idea,’ but in honor of National Running Day, bear with me for a second.
Timing is key when it comes to your workouts—and for the rest of your day. Sure, it can be hard rolling out of bed first thing in the morning, but your body will reap the benefits after and continue to do so throughout the day.
Still not convinced? Here are five reasons to get your butt out of bed and hit the trails:
- Waking up early will help you get on a better sleep routine while also breaking a sweat earlier so you don’t have to later.
- There will be less crowded running paths and trails make for speedier runs.
- The feeling knowing you’re out getting your sweat on while the rest of the world is being less productive sleeping.
- Yes, the first mile is tough, but after a few groggy minutes, the runner’s high will kick in—and stay with you the entire day.
- And finally, you get to have that post-workout smoothie! Try some of these amazing recipes.
And if you’re still having trouble waking up early use these useful tips!
What gets you out of bed in the morning to exercise? Share your tips with us on Facebook and Twitter: @LucilleRoberts