Try these fun and effective total body exercises with no equipment required, except for your gym buddy of course! See below for more details on our special offer for March and the buddy up workouts!
Sit Up and Pass
- While laying on mat or floor, you and your friend extend arms overhead
- Contract abs and sit up, bringing up arms, bringing arms and hive five friend
- Lower to first position and repeat sit up to high five. , this is one set
- Repeat 15 repetitions 3 times.
- Lie on the floor with your feet together; your friend should position one foot on either side of your head and stand upright with his knees slightly bent. Grab your friend’s ankles to stabilize your core. This will be your starting position.
- With a slight bend in your knees, do a reverse-crunch movement, raising your feet toward your partner while lifting your hips off the floor.
- Your friend should grab your ankles and push your feet back toward the start position. Don’t allow your feet to contact the floor and smoothly reverse the direction.
- Repeat 15 repetitions 3 times then switch places
Jump squats with clap
- Stand side-bye-side with your partner about one foot apart facing opposite directions.
- Come into a low squat at the same time. From the bottom of your squat, simultaneously push off and jump up, bringing arms overhead and clapping your inside hands together at the height of your jump. Land lightly and immediately drop down into a squat again.
- Repeat 8 to 12 times, then switch sides.
High Five Planks
- In plank position (with your weight evenly distributed on your elbows/hands and toes) keeping your back straight and your hips in line with your back.
- Your friend should copy your body position about 2 feet in front of and facing you. This will be your starting position.
- Maintaining your body weight on three limbs, raise one hand in front of your body and reach across to tap your friend’s hand.
- Lower and re-establish the plank position and complete on the opposite side.
- Do 5 sets of 30 second intervals.
Wheel Barrow walks
- Have your friend hold onto your ankles instead of your feet.
- Tighten your abs and glutes as you walk forward. This will keep your upper body moving straight and parallel to the ground as you perform the exercise.
- Keep your head up as you walk. Looking and focusing forward.
- Walk at even pace. You want the distance you move your hands forward while walking to be neither too short or long.
- Make sure you set the pace when doing wheelbarrow walks.
- Repeat 3 sets of 1 minute intervals each.