Want to get fitter faster? Try INSANITY. Created by fitness expert Shaun T, INSANITY is a revolutionary cardio-based total body conditioning program using max interval training.
What will this do? It will push you to new training heights where you can blast more calories in a shorter period of time, you can become stronger, leaner and train more effectively.
Before you start your journey to your best body yet, here are some key facts to know about INSANITY:
- To get the most out of the class, you must give it your all, be motivated and be committed to YOU.
- The class requires no equipment, so it’s just you and your willpower.
- It is heavily cardio based and focuses on the entire body, where no body part is left behind.
- It focuses on using max interval training. This will increase your aerobic fitness level and burn fat.
- You can burn up to 1,000 calories per class, but this depends on the intensity and how much effort you put in to each session.
- It is a high intensity class, however, instructors will provide low-impact options for each move so the class is accessible to all fitness levels.
- There are a lot of plyometrics moves – in other words, you will be jumping like crazy! Essentially, INSANITY uses ‘jump training’ where muscles exert maximum force in as short a time as possible. The class then moves on to work on strength and balance, before the final section on agility and co-ordination. You finish with eight minutes of functional core work and a stretch.
- There are also compound movements, which are exercises focusing on 2 or more larger muscles at a time.
Now that you know the basics, try INSANITY with Live Master Trainer Jennifer Jewett at our Rockville Centre club! Can’t make it to this LR location? Combine this WOD with your strength training routine.
(Visited 697 time, 1 visit today)