Prom is the night to celebrate and dance away all those sleepless nights of writing assignments and dealing with high school drama.
Sadly, prom season causes a lot of stress because of the pressure to be “perfect” on this night. You make it your mission to find the “perfect” dress, the “perfect” makeup, the “perfect” date. All of which may lead to you having a mental breakdown which defeats the overall purpose of prom; to have fun! On this special night, strap on your heels, slip on your gorgeous dress and let go of all the expectations to be perfect.
Here are our tips to help you relax, let go of that word “perfect” and have the best prom night you can imagine!
- Say these words- “If I cannot be prom queen, I CAN BE the dancing queen.” The point of prom night is to really have the time of your life. Enjoy the night with your classmates, be present in the moment, and make beautiful memories!
- Makeup- Enhancing your natural beauty is key, so avoid hiding yourself behind tons of foundation. Instead, glow from the inside out. Keep up with your healthy eating habits, that included drinking 8 glasses of water per day! This is important for that all natural glow. Some highlighter across your cheekbones wouldn’t hurt the effect either!
- Hair- Don’t let your fly-aways come in between you and a Beyonce dance session. Use hairspray and bobby pins to tame the tresses while keeping them flawless.
- Hygiene- After showing off all the moves you learned in Zumba class, head to the ladies room to freshen up. In your clutch or small hand bag, we recommend having a travel size deodorant and blotting paper to stay fresh and shine-free.
- Fitness- Most prom dresses reveal your arms and/or legs. Try our strong arms workout to make them stand out, our leg workout to shine in those heels or our full body workout for an overall boost of confidence to feel amazing on prom day.
Remember this is your night, to be the free, young, “imperfect” dancing queen!