A new year, a new you – that’s usually the goal right?. This is the time when we all usually make over the top ambitions but never follow through. This time around avoid these short term goals. Instead start small and simple by making long term goals aka lifestyle improvements. Here are some easy ways to get started:
- Exercise.Exercise.Exercise: Among the many benefits from exercise – lowers the risk of cancer, high blood pressure, weight loss, improves strength etc. Did you know exercise causes our brain to release feel-good chemicals, better known as endorphins – What in the world are endorphins? Mood boosting chemical that can with easing depressive symptoms and make you more productive in your day. Not enough time to fit in an hour long workout – try doing this heart pumping routine 3 X a week at the gym or at home.
- Visit your doctor: when it comes to improving your health, speaking to your doctor should be your first step. Before participating in any form of exercise or taking medication, receiving expert knowledge is a must.
- Journal : An easy way to exercise freedom is by writing. Whether its writing what makes you anxious, tense, stressed etc. This may be the easiest and cheapest form of therapy on the market to clear your mind.
- Confide & spend time with friends and family : Spending more time with those who understand and care about you can be beneficial to improving your health. Close family and friends offer honest opinions / advice which may or may not be what you want to hear, but its beneficial for your growth, remember they love you and wants whats best for you.
- Practice appreciation: Simply saying thank you to someone or even showing your pet some love will put you in a brighter mood. When you are in a brighter mood, life is better.