Read up on these tips help you enjoy some fun in the sun safely:
1. Read labels. Get BoTH UV-A and UV-B protection
2. Always choose SPF 30 or higher.
3. Use sunscreen early and liberally. Apply at least 3 minutes before going outside.
4. Reapply every two hours. If you’re swimming or sweating, apply every 60-90 minutes.
5. Utilize the shade. UV rays are strongest between 11:00am and 3:00pm.
6. Children are more susceptible. Use specially formulated lotions for kids with gentler ingredients and higher SPFs.
7. Help prevent premature aging. Everyday use limits the chances of developing dry leathery skin, wrinkles, skin cancer, and other skins of premature aging.
8. Cover up when it’s cloudy. Even on gloomy days 80% of ultra-violet radiation is still present.
9. Don’t let labels fool you. Budget brands are just as effective as the expensive brands. It’s about active ingredients, not labels.
10. Don’t rely on sunscreen alone. Wear loose cotton clothing, a widebrimmed hat, sun-glasses and lip balm with SPF 30 or higher.