A common diet misconception is that if you simply eat as little as possible, the pounds will just melt away. Wrong! Those crash diets will not only leave you foggy and dizzy, but your body might go into starvation mode and hold onto your fat for dear life!
Use these no-nonsense diet tips to help get your mind and body in shape for the warmer weather:
1. EAT BREAKFAST. If you want your metabolism to be running as fast as possible and burn more calories, you’ll want to supercharge it with a healthy breakfast in the morning. To keep your calories low, opt for an omelette packed with veggies and a piece of fruit.
2. DRINK WATER. H20 is the ultimate beverage for your body. Every time you drink 12 ounces, you’ll save about 150 calories.
3. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE WEATHER. It’s warm, get yourself outside and enjoy it! Think outside the box: go for a run, hike with friends, bike the trails.
4. EXERCISE DAILY. Getting at least an hour of exercise each day will help keep your metabolism rate raised while also making you feel better physically and emotionally.
5. DON’T EAT LATE. Try not to eat within a few hours of bedtime. If you must, a banana or healthy cereal will suffice.