Calling all you bakers out there! This one is for you.
Nothing says fall like some good old banana nut bread. This recipe is ideal because it’s healthy, an added bonus to its deliciousness.
This recipe is very versatile where you have the choice of what you can add to it to make it to your liking. Mix it up and add nuts, chocolate chips, raspberries, different spices or yogurts. We have no doubt that it will taste good with whatever you choose.
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (not packed)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons greek yogurt or low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- a dash of nutmeg
- 3 whole over-ripe bananas, blended so that they’re liquid
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
Head on over to Munchies With Megan for baking directions!
What is your favorite fall recipe? Share your thoughts on Facebook and Twitter: @LucilleRoberts
Recipe via Munchies With Megan