When I think of rhubarb, images of DuckTales’ “Beagle Boys” baking a rhubarb pie flash through my mind. While we won’t be baking a file into this shake (sorry, DuckTales reference!) it’s sure to give you the boost you need to break out of your morning haze.
In this nutrient dense shake, raspberries pair perfectly with rhubarb; their tart & sweet notes in perfect harmony.
Before you get started, measure out:
- 1/3 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup diced blanched rhubarb
- 1 scoop Vanilla Live Rite Protein
- 4oz water
- 2oz skim or unsweetened plain soy milk
1. To blanch rhubarb, boil for 6 minutes in 2 inches of water. Remove from heat, drain and cool. Once the rhubarb has cooled, dice and add to the blender.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients in the blender and blend about 1 minute until smooth.
3. Pour into a glass & start your day!