I whipped up this recipe by accident when I was making my Live Rite shake the night before my workout. It was a delicious surprise!
- 1 scoop vanilla Live Rite
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 8-12 ice cubes
Optional Ingredients (we’re going with strawberries and blueberries for 4th of July):
- Almond extract
- Cold coffee
- Fruit, such as strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries. Adding an orange to the vanilla protein gives a creamsicle taste.
- A few almonds (Just a few. 1/4 cup is 140 calories.)
- Chia seeds (to add fiber)
- Any other low-cal ingredient you want to add!
Blend all ingredients together, then freeze to turn into “ice cream”. If you want to eat it that day, only freeze for 20-30 minutes. That’s it!
Sometimes I make my shakes the night before and freeze them, so they’re really frozen the following day. I just pop them in the microwave to soften them up. The more frozen the shake is, the longer it to takes to eat. Between that and the protein, it definitely makes me feel full longer!
This recipe gives me taste and feeling of eating ice cream–without the guilt!