I don’t know about you but when I think of the warm weather, days on the beach and barbecues with friends comes to mind. And one of my favorite food options that usually come with those get-togethers is potato salad. Maybe it’s the mayonnaise and celery or perhaps it’s the hearty potatoes, all I know is that this is a spring and summer staple dish.
But we know how unhealthy potato salad can be, so we found a “skinny” recipe from Fitness magazine to help you keep your physique in check in the warm weather months. Here’s what you need:
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1 1/3 pounds)
- 2/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 green sweet pepper, chopped (1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 hard-cooked egg, coarsely chopped
Sound delicious yet? Head over to Fitness magazine for the full recipe to enjoy during your next barbecue, picnic, etc.
What’s your favorite recipe for spring or summer? Share yours with us on Facebook and Twitter: @LucilleRoberts