You know that feeling when you are totally in the zone; sweat dripping from your face and you feel invincible, nothing can stop you from killing your workout. Then something happens and completely takes you off track, all focus is lost and in the end the workout has defeated you. Well good news, it’s not entirely your fault, it could be your choice of clothes.
Here’s what to avoid in order to conquer a workout:
- Wearing Baggy, Unflattering Clothing– Baggy clothing does nothing for our minds or bodies when working out. Yes the point of clothing is to cover our bodies, but it should make us feel good and workout just as good! If you are opposed to getting rid of your baggy clothing, mix it up! Wear a fitted tank top with baggy pants or vice versa. It depends on what part of your body you love. Don’t hide it, show it off! Also, baggy clothes cause overheating and wedgies which are detrimental because you constantly have to stop to adjust during your workout flow.
- Try- High Waisted Leggings: It keeps everything nice and tight but is not unbearable to squat in. The high waisted feature also sucks in every part of your tummy!
- Wearing Zero Support Bra– Just get rid of it, there is no alternative to using something that does absolutely nothing for you.
- Try High Neck Sport Bras/Crop Top – These are longer than your average bra and still make you feel sexy while working out. They’re also functional as they strap everything down.
- Wearing the Wrong Shoes– Wearing the old school pair of shell tip Adidas may be cool but in the end it does not offer support for exercising. Opt for proper training sneakers. Whether it be for circuit training or running, the right sneakers are crucial for conquering your workout.
- Try- Fitness Tracking Sneakers– the evolution of tracking devices are astounding and now they are featured in athletic sneakers! Points for no additional equipment.
Other things to avoid:
- Loose Flowing Waves– If you are jumping up and down or doing a warrior pose, your hair will get in your way. Tie it up.
- Tip- Wear Sweat Bands; these prevent hair from getting in between you and a great workout.
- Negative Mind – As the saying goes, start a journey with a positive mindset otherwise you will be setting yourself up for failure. Never has anyone said, “I wish I didn’t workout today”. So why hesitate?
- Heads Up – Its a New Year, Leave the Negativity in 2015.