With October being Breast Cancer Awareness month, what better way to show your support for the cause than buying workout gear that’s not only cute, but funds research for finding a cure. Many women will be participating runs or walks this month to raise money and awareness for breast cancer research, and there is no shortage of pink ribbon themed exercise gear to go around.
We’ve picked out some of our favorite apparel, footwear, and accessories that will have you exercising with purpose!
1. For the runner, gear up with Under Armour’s signature Spine Running Shoe. They’re both sturdy and lightweight for long distance miles thanks to a light outsole that actually mimics the human spine. With all Under Armour Power In Pink™ products, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to national breast cancer charities and medical centers.
2. As far as walking shoes go, New Balance’s 860 walking shoe was ranked the “Best Walking Shoe” in 2011 by Health Magazine. It combines the flexibility and feel of a running shoe, with the support and cushioning of a walking shoe. New Balance will contribute 5% of the suggested retail price of sales from the Lace Up For The Cure® Collection, with a guaranteed minimum donation of $500,000 each year to Susan G. Komen® through 2012.
3. Make strides for the cure in these Asics GT-1000™ PR running sneakers. If the bold pink color didn’t hook you, these shoes offer performance fit and cushioning designed for those with a normal to medium arch in their foot. For every pair of GT-1000™ PR running shoes that are sold from October 1st to October 31st, Asics will donate $2.00 to Christina Applegate’s Right Action For Women fund, a charitable services fund of the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF), to help provide assistance to women who are at increased risk for breast cancer.
4. This zip-up fleece from Adidas not only has a ribbon graphic to spread awareness, but is also highly functional. Perfect for cold weather conditions, this fleece has Adidas Climawarm™ fabric to keep you warm and comfortable on your daily run. Five percent of the sales will go to breast cancer education and screening, and another 5% of the suggested retail price from each breast cancer awareness product purchased goes to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
5. Reebok’s Pink Ribbon Dry Short Sleeve Top provides quick dry fabric that wicks away moisture, accelerates evaporation, increases ventilation, and reduces chafing. Perfect if you want to avoid having a shirt drenched in sweat after your workout session. By purchasing this tee, a portion of proceeds will go to Avon breast cancer initiatives.
6. Make a statement with the New Balance Komen Tank Top. The fitted shape of this tank conforms to your body without restricting movement, and New Balance’s LIGHTNING DRY® technology wicks moisture away to keep you dry. Not to mention there’s a cleavage stash pocket to keep your keys or iPod in while you’re working it out. New Balance will contribute 5% of the suggested retail price of sales from the Lace Up For The Cure® Collection to Susan G. Komen®.
7. Workout or lounge in these fleece pants from Under Amour while showing your support for breast cancer research. The fleece fabric is water-resistant, keeps moisture away from the body, but also has an inner layer to trap heat for warmth. With this Under Armour Power In Pink™ product, a portion of all proceeds will be donated to national breast cancer charities and medical centers.
8. Though we’re going into the colder months, a good pair of running shorts is a necessity- especially when 5% of sales will be donated to organizations offering breast cancer education and screening! These Adidas Pink Ribbon shorts provide an inner brief for comfort and fabric that sweeps sweat away from skin as you run. Labeled with a pink ribbon logo, 5% of the suggested retail price from each breast cancer awareness product purchased goes to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
9. Looking for pants with a little more breathing room? These lightweight capris from Reebok have a loose fit and breathable fabric, perfect for workout classes that require a wide range of motion. Reebok is doing it’s part to support breast cancer research by being a sponsor for Avon breast cancer initiatives. Proceeds of Reebok’s “Pink Ribbon” line will be used to support breast cancer research.
10. Rock out to your favorite tunes with the Skull Candy I Heart Boobies UpRock headphones. These headphones boast superior sound quality and have an ergonomic fit with soft ear pillows. With “I Heart Boobies” written across the top, there will be no doubting your support for the cure. Skull Candy will donate a portion of the proceeds from the sale of these headphones to the Keep A Breast Foundation.
11. Practice your downward dog on this pink yoga mat from Gaiam. It’s lightweight, durable and has a nonslip texture to keep you in place through all of your poses. Gaiam will donate $1 from the sales of each mat to fund breast cancer research.
12. Track your time, calories and heart rate with the New Balance HRT Fit Komen sport monitor. This Komen edition monitor combines a chronograph and a heart rate monitor, and unlike some others, no chest strap is required! New Balance will contribute 5% of the suggested retail price of sales from the Lace Up for the Cure® Collection with a guaranteed minimum donation of $500,000 each year to Susan G. Komen® through 2012.