Holiday party season may be over, but that doesn’t mean you can’t or won’t have to throw on another party dress.
Ok, so these chilly months are the most ideal time to skip the stockings—with all those pesky red bumps and dry skin, winter is brutal.But during this time, annoying stockings and panty hose (do people even call them that anymore?) aren’t as flattering as they should be.
So we dare you to go stocking-less this winter with these tips from the ultra beauty informative source, Refinery29.
1. Scrub and exfoliate. Salf scrubs are great options for when you find yourself with no time to shower—and even if you do! Your skin may feel dry and fragile in these cold months, but scrubbing away the dead skin with make all the difference. You’ll need a fresh base to start with, of course!
2. Moisturize! After all that scrubbing and buffing your skin will need a little break—and moisturizing is the best way to do just that. Moisturizers or body gels are helpful when it comes to sealing in the the tint of your skin and providing soft, dewy finish that skips the inflammation.
3. Try a wash off tan. If you’ve never tanned before, this might be your new favorite thing! It may be look intimidating at first, but it can really save you from looking pasty white. Apply in long, sweeping strokes for a more even application.
4. Shimmer up! A little shine never hurt nobody! We don’t mean go make yourself look like a disco ball, but applying a bit of body shimmer can go a long way from making your legs look impeccable this season. You should apply it down the middle of your legs on the bone and calf—careful not to go overboard!
5. And if you’re really bold: Contour. No, contouring isn’t just for your face! If you have the time—and the budget—try shading with your favorite bronzer. A cream works best. Go over the sides of your calves with a big brush and then buff into skin with a sweeping motion.
For product recommendations, check out Refinery29’s article!
What are your tips for amazing looking legs during the Winter season? Share your tips with us on Facebook and Twitter:@LucilleRoberts