Summer is in full swing with the blend of ocean water, sand, and sun creating some serious magic on our locks! While you may not get the chance to get down to the sea shore as much as you’d like, you can still achieve those beach waves we all love.
To fake your way to beach hair you’ll need:
- Hair straightener
- Sea salt spray
Follow these steps and you’ll look like you just stepped off the beach in minutes!
1. After washing your hair, apply mousse and roughly blow dry your hair upside down.
2. Separate your hair into four sections, making one section on each side of your head with two more in the back.
3. Braid each individual section stretching the braids to make them loose. Doing so will help create softer waves.
4. Using your hair straightener, lightly press down on the braids to set them.
5. You will want to let your braids cool for a minute or two before undoing them. Run your fingers through your hair to break up the waves.
6. Use the sea salt spray through the midlengths of your hair adding that final beachy touch to your locks.
TIP: For a no heat necessary style, braid your hair before bed and let it loose in the morning for a similar effect.