Want long and lustrous hair? Yeah, don’t we all.
Growing out your hair can be a real struggle for some. And while most of us wish we could just be like “short hair, don’t care,” that’s not always the case.
Whether you’re suffering from hair loss issues, envious of your favorite celebrity, or just want to combat a disastrous haircut, try these helpful tips to grow out your locks faster.
1. Watch what you eat. While all that processed and junk food may look tasty, eating it will have a negative affect on your hair. Sticking to a well-balanced diet can make all the difference. That means fruits and veggies should be high up on your snacking list as well as nutrients like Vitamin B12, zinc, iron and calcium as they prevent hair loss.
2. More H20! We all know how much water can benefit your body. Well, it’s super important for your hair too! Did you know your hair consists of 95 percent protein and 5 percent water? Yup, that’s why it’s so vital to drink as much water throughout the day to help keep your hair nourished and healthy.
3. Go for regular trimmings. Split ends are nobody’s friend—they can be one of the major reasons your hair isn’t growing! Where there is dry and damaged hair, you’ll probably find split ends. To avoid this, going to your hair dresser for regular trimmings every 3 months or so can encourage healthy hair growth.
4. Dietary supplements. To promote hair growth, including supplements—bio vitamins, multivitamins and omega 3 fatty acids—into your diet is a smart move. These vitamins and minerals can also be found in green leafy vegetables, peas, fish, beans, almonds, yogurt etc.
5. Regulated washes. Cleansing your hair with shampoo and conditioner is needed for your hair to grow. The sebum produced by the oil glands form a layer over the scalp and inhibits the growth of hair. Opt for natural cleansers and try not to wash your hair everyday—frequent hair washing can strip your strands of their natural oils leading to breakage.
Share your healthy hair growth tips with us on Facebook and Twitter:@LucilleRoberts