There is a love and hate relationship we all have with the fitness legend Jillian Micheal’s. She is able to whip us into shape even if it means 30 minutes of both relentless crying and sweating. In celebration of the new year, Lucille Roberts has teamed up with Michaels to bring our members a fitness experience like no other; Jillian Micheal’s BODYSHRED. To prepare for this insanely sweat inducing, metabolic rising workout, here are 10 things you should know:
- Jillian Micheal’s BODYSHRED is a 30 minute high intensity, metabolic conditioning workout. Yes your heart will feel as if it is beating out of its chest for 30 minutes, but cheers to a challenge!
- S.H.R.E.D is an acronym for Synergistic,High Intensity, Resistance, Endurance, Dynamics.
- It is so much more than a basic cardio workout. The class breaks down into three main categories: 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs. It is a full body explosive workout.
- It is described as “intelligent training” because you achieve much more in this 30 minute class compared to the average 60 minute class. Focusing on uniqueness rather than repetitiveness.
- It is claimed and guaranteed to transform the body, but you have to be present and willing to do so!
- Jillian Micheal’s BODYSHRED is non-stop! Right from 0.001 seconds to 30 minutes you will be moving. You can collapse on the floor when the time says 30.01.
- It can easily be modified for all fitness levels. So no excuses for the ones who are quick to say, “This is too advanced for me”.
- You will try something called “A bear to front kick shooter”. Who is up for the challenge?
- You need 3-8 pound dumbbells, an exercise mat and willingness to challenge yourself!
For more information on BODYSHRED classes and scheduled times, go to LucilleRoberts.com