Mustering up the energy and motivation to get up off the couch and get to the gym or outside is tough—especially when there is Netflix and a bowl of popcorn calling your name.
But don’t worry, we’re here to help you out! These 10 fitness tips will help you keep chugging along to make sure you achieve your fitness goals.
- Take the first five minutes of your run to warm up. Go a little slower to work out the kinks and mentally prepare for your run.
- Switch up your route or workout every time you run to keep your muscles guessing and to beat boredom; run your outside loop backward.
- Combine strength training and cardio into one workout for serious metabolic conditioning.
- Burn more calories on the elliptical. Turn up the resistance and aim for 140 to 160 strides per minute (SPM)
- Do a light cardio warmup before strength training to help prevent injury and post-workout soreness.
- Multitask! Don’t just stand there doing bicep curls when you could be doing squats to tone your lower body at the same time.
- To avoid getting sick, clean off machines and equipment before you use them. Even though the person before you is supposed to do it, they may have forgotten.
- Try out different instructors to find one who challenges and motivates you the most.
- It’s essential to hydrate before a workout. Drink about 15 to 20 ounces of water.
- To prevent cramps while working out, sip on small amounts of water instead of gulping it down.
Share your fitness tips with us on Facebook and Twitter: @LucilleRoberts