We sat down with DJ Lindsay Luv, the curator of the playlists on Lucille Roberts Radio and our friend in fitness. Check out our interview with her and let us know what you’d like us to ask her for next month’s chat! Don’t forget to follow her on Twitter and like her on Facebook!
1. Summer is all about tank top arms. Which celebrity’s arms would you love to have?
Angelina Jolie from her Tomb Raider days! She has long lanky limbs and they looked so amazing when she played that kick butt role!
2. We’re gearing up to pull our bikinis out of storage. What 5 songs are great for those long sessions at the gym?
“Every Inch” by Florrie”
“I Love It” (Feat. Charli XCX) by Icona Pop
“Sweet Nothing” (Feat. Florence Welch) by Calvin Harris
“Get Sweaty” by Cherie Lily
“Say Aha” by Santigold
3. There are so many great fruits and vegetables during the Spring season. What are you adding to your meals?
Asparagus is at it’s best right now! I love tossing them with some lemon zest, shallots, vinegar and oil then grilling them! They also make a delicious asparagus soup with a little creme fréche and crostini! Strawberries are great marinated in balsamic vinegar and paired with light cool whip or mixes into a green salad with pecans. I also love a beet salad with toasted hazelnuts and burrata or a simple arugula salad with cherry tomatoes and parmesan!
4. May is skin cancer prevention month. What products do you use to protect yourself from the sun’s harsh rays?
I always wear a daily 30 SPF by a family dermatologist on my face so I don’t break out from it, and on my body I am obsessed with the smell of Ocean Potion’s sunscreens! They are lemony and mix great with my daily lotion from Fresh. For freckle-prone areas I use a Neutrogena 50 liquid sunscreen. Oh and hats and sunglasses don’t hurt!
5. If you could only do one outdoor exercise for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Hiking! I love being out in nature- it doesn’t even feel like I’m ‘exercising’ I enjoy the scenery so much- Even when huffing and puffing up a mountain 🙂