Who doesn’t love a good salad? Ok, maybe some people don’t, but here at LR we’re big fans. Just ask Digital Director, Barbara Baez!
Including salads into your diet rotation is ideal for your necessary vegetable intake—and one of the best ways to cut down on calories and drop those pounds. However, the ingredients you add to your greens are not all the same. You must be careful what you add and consume to ensure you’re eating healthy.
Here are some of favorite add-ins:
1. Quinoa: If you’ve ever felt like your salad just wasn’t good enough, it’s probably because it wasn’t beefed up enough. That’s where quinoa can help! It will give your salad the boost of protein and fiber.
2. Blueberries: Not only will blueberries give your salad a pop of color, they are also high in fiber content that will make them seem more filling. They naturally sweet too, and will prevent you from reaching for more munchies.
3. Avocado: Known as a super food to many, avocados add a soft and creamy texture to your salad. Full of fiber, this green fruit is proven to banish belly fat. Be wise to add only one-quarter to one half of this food because it’s high in calories.
4. Almonds: If you like a little crunch to your greens, almonds will be your go-to add on. A great source of MUFAs and fiber, they are also high in protein.
5. Chia Seeds: These little guys offer great benefits when trying to lose weight. All you have to do is sprinkle a tablespoon on your salad and they’ll deliver fiber and protein. These seeds are also an excellent source of omega-3s!