It’s that time of year again! The snow is melting, the sun has come out of hiding, and sweater weather is almost over. Summer will be here before you know it, so why not kick-off spring with a healthy start? Use these tips to start your spring routine on the right track:
1. Kick it up a notch – Instead of sticking to thesame old dull workout routine, LR has a ton of great classes to help on your fitness journey. Our newest, High Intensity Interval Training or HIIT, is sure to get your heart pumping. But don’t let the name scare you! Taking these killer classes can burn up to 600-800 calories in a single session by alternating between intense bursts of activity and fixed periods of less-intense activity. What’s the best part you ask? Sessions only take up to 25 minutes! Yeah, you can thank us later.
2. Buy new running shoes – If you’ve been dedicated to your fitness and hitting the gym all winter, then it’s time for some new sneaks. Most running shoes last somewhere between 300 to 400 miles, but if you use them to walk around or do other parts of your routine, that wear and tear counts too. Go to a running specialty store to get fitted or do your own research to find the best pair that suits you.
3. Update your closet – Still sweating it out in the same workout clothes since the New Year? It’s time for a change! Throw out those worn-out duds and replace them with fresh, new gear. You’ve probably shed a few pounds, so get breathable, wick fabrics that are true to your
size. Don’t forget about your sports bra too!
4. Clean out your pantry – If you’re still munching on snacks from the holidays, STOP. Get rid of them and while you’re at it, toss out any other foods low in nutritional value: chips, pretzels, sugary snacks (V-Day chocolates, sorry), white bread, etc. We know it’s hard, but just think of all the calories you will avoid by eating a healthy snack!
5. Pump up your playlist – Working out to the same tunes can get a little boring. Do your iPod a favor and listen to our awesome radio station on thefuture.fm. It has great playlists to add something extra to your routine and will help you keep your workout high-energy all the way until Summer!