Cute and fashionable workout clothes can cost you a pretty penny. Save your cash and use this DIY tutorial to repurpose an old t-shirt instead! The result is a super cute tank top that will have you exercising in style!
What you need:
- 1 old T-shirt
- 1 pair of scissors
- 20 minutes!
1. Start with a pre-washed T-shirt. Any old shirt will do! The bigger the better.
2. Cut away the ribbed neckline and bottom hem. For the sleeves, cut downwards starting from the shoulder, determining how thick you want your straps. Cut straight down and then begin to curve down below the armpit seam.
3. Determine how low you want your front neckline, and cut away.
4. Flip the shirt over and make a narrow racerback, curving inward from the armpits. Then cut a deep “V” shape from the top neckline.
5. Using the excess bottom hemline, stretch it out until it becomes one long string of fabric. Knot the string a couple of inches above the bottom of the “V” shape.
6. Wrap the string all the way down around the center of the racerback, and back up to meet the other ends. Knot the ends together tightly. Trim the loose ends.
7. To give your tank a high-low look, lay your shirt sideways, flattening it out evenly. Starting a few inches up at the front of your shirt, start cutting diagonally until you reach the back.
Tutorial via http://rabbitfoodformybunnyteeth.com