This week’s product that I tested for you is crackle nail polish. Specifically, I tried Sally Hansen’s Crackle Overcoat.
Spring is just around the corner. Instead of simply just donning your nails with the normal go-to pastel colors of yore, spice them up with some crackle nail polish!
Sally Hansen’s Crackle Overcoat comes in 8 different shades for you to choose from: Antiqued Gold, Snow Blast, Vintage Violet, Fuchsia Shock, Distressed Denim, Cherry Smash, Ink Splatter, and Fractured Foil. (I used “Ink Splatter” for my nails that you see in the picture, above.)
How to use this product:
- Apply an even base coat nail polish color of your choosing. (I used Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri “Snappy Sorbet” and “Brisk Blue” for my base coat.) Make sure to thoroughly shake the polish beforehand.
- Allow base coat to dry completely; otherwise, the crackle nail polish will not work correctly.
- Thoroughly shake the crackle overcoat polish and apply one thin, even coat over each nail. (The polish will go on looking like a normal polish, but, as it dries, it will separate, giving you the crackle effect!)
- Apply additional coat of the crackle overcoat polish as desired to change the appearance of your crackle. (The design will be unique on each nail.)
- Allow crackle overcoat polish to dry completely.
- Apply clear top coat to ensure your nail polish lasts longer. Make sure to thoroughly shake the polish beforehand.
- Allow clear top coat to dry completely.
Overall, I would give this product 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Pros: Product is easy to apply. Product dries very quickly. Product is very affordable. (For around $7, you can make your nails really pop no matter what the occasion.)
- Cons: Crackle polish does not separate as nicely when drying if you are careless and apply too thick of a coat.
I would recommend this product to a friend. The beauty of this product is that it is really hard to make a mistake due to the unique drying of the crackle polish on each fingernail. You get a professional look with a fraction of the time and cost.
Have you tried a different crackle polish product that you would like to recommend to our readers–or tell them to stay away from? Leave your comments below!