Continuing with our Thanksgiving inspired healthy dishes, we discovered this recipe that is just an explosion of flavors, colors, and textures. As we suggested in the November newsletter, you should definitely add some yummy veggies to your holiday meal and this this recipe will do just that!
Here’s what you need:
- ½ medium butternut squash, peeled and diced(about 4 cups)
- ½ medium jicama, peeled and diced (about 4 cups)
- 475g Brussel sprouts, cut into 2 or 4 pieces, depending on size (about 3 cups)
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 75g pecans, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 150g cup dried figs, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 2 sprigs fresh sage, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- ¾ tsp Himalayan or fine sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
For cooking instructions, head on over to The Healthy Foodie! She also says that you can put your own spin on the recipe by taking out or adding whatever you see fit.
Do yourself a favor and try this recipe out. You won’t be disappointed!
What Thanksgiving recipes will you be making this holiday? Share yours with us on Facebook and Twitter: @LucilleRoberts