Here’s a recipe for banana bread that’s low-fat–perfect for post-holiday breakfast!
Low-Fat Banana Bread
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of Splenda sugar blend
- 2 eggs
- 1 snack cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup non-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease loaf pan.
3. Mash 3 ripe bananas in a separate bowl.
4. In another bowl, mix applesauce, sugar, eggs, and vanilla with hand mixer.
5. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
6. Add bananas and sour cream. Mix well.
7. Pour into loaf pan.
8. Bake for 60 minutes. Start checking it 45 minutes and every 5 minutes after to avoid overcooking.
Recipe by Donna Brennan, Group Fitness Presenter for Lucille Roberts in Long Island.