This savory soup is ideal for a chilly autumn day.
Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 leeks, raw (bulb and lower leaf)
- 5 cups chicken broth – plain, low-fat
- 2 cups sweet potato – raw, cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh dill weed sprigs
- 2 tsp. ground oregano
- 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers
- Clean and thinly slice only white parts of leeks.
- Chop sweet potatoes into 1/2″ cubes.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm oil. Saute leeks until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, sweet potatoes, and roasted red peppers.
- Cook until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Allow soup to cool for 10 minutes and then puree in small batches in a blender or food processor.
- Return soup to saucepan and stir in dill and oregano. Heat thoroughly.
- Serve immediately. Leftovers may be refrigerated for 7-10 days.
Calories per Serving: 316
Carbs: 35.6 g
Fat: 17.56 g
Protein: 8.95 g