Spring is here! Flowers are blooming. The sun shines more. And yes it that time to pull out the peep toe shoes and bright colors. Let’s get out of winter mode and add some shine to our lives.! Here are some ideas to get into that spring fling:
1. Let’s take the exercise outside. Start by walking and eventually adding a jog. Play some sports at the park such as basketball or softball. Look for hiking trails at your nearest park and start hiking and climbing.
2. Spring is all about color. Wear it! Add those pastels into your wardrobe. Buy a pair sneakers that have some bight colors in them. Get yourself a light jacket in a color that will lighten your senses such as light purple or yellow.
3. At home or in the office, get fresh flowers. The sweet scent will satisfy your sense of smell and ease the stress of the day.
4. Freshen up your home. In your bedroom and living room, change the curtains and pillows to springy colors. Spray a lavender or chamomile scent on the pillows and curtains. Open the windows and enjoy the breeze as you relax.
5. Enjoy the time out in the sun. The temperature is comfortable outside–60 to 70 degrees. Always make sure use a facial moisturizer with SPF. And remember we need Vitamin D (which we get naturally from the sun) to help get rid of infections, improve bone health, and maintain hair growth.
Spring is such a great season to add that happiness that winter can sometimes take away. Remember color can really make a difference in our moods. Take advantage of spring because, before you know it, summer will be here.
Trainer Tip by Gisela Andalia, group fitness instructor and personal trainer at Lucille Roberts Jersey City.