Science says apple cider vinegar can actually work some pretty amazing miracles for your body and health. One thing to note first: All vinegars contain the active ingredient acetic acid, which means all varieties are pretty much the same. You must be careful how much you consume because acetic acid is a poison and can have toxic effects, so one to two tablespoons is all you need to see effects.
- It keeps you full for longer. In a small study, researchers found that people who drank vinegar before eating a breakfast of white bread felt more satisfied after 90 minutes compared to people who only ate the bread. It’s worth a shot!
- It could lower your blood pressure. Researchers are moderately confident that drinking vinegar can lower your blood pressure by a few points.
- It cancels out some of the carbs you eat. The enzymes in your stomach responsible for digesting starch so you don’t absorb the calories from carbs you’ve eaten as interfered with the acetic acid found in vinegar. This means that vinegar should help with your weight loss efforts.
- It can help your muscles produce energy more efficiently before a major push. Because acetic acid helps the muscles turn carbs into energy to fuel intense exercise, athletes sometimes drink diluted vinegar before they load up on carbs the night before competing.
- It can make your shoes stink less. All you need to do is wipe down your sneaks with a paper towel dipped in diluted vinegar. The properties of vinegar will kill the stinky stuff.