Puffed up and uncomfortable? That bloated feeling may be because of what you’re snacking on and/or what you’re not doing throughout the day. Staying slim is hard work!
1. Drink hot lemon water – To wake up your digestive system in the am, sipping on hot lemon water while you’re getting ready or reading those morning emails will help get things moving. This healthy drink is also beneficial for you when you’re feeling under the weather.
2. Slow down while eating – While that salad or sandwich during lunch may be delicious, experts suggest not scarfing it down. Eating too fast can cause air to be trapped in your system, so chewy slowly will decrease bloating.
3. Drink more water – We all know there are endless health benefits to drinking water. In the case of feeling bloating, H2O helps flush out toxins and extra salt that can contribute to that full feeling. Keeping a water bottle with you to fill up throughout the day will help you more than you realize.
4. Keep your portions in check – Just because you’re still hungry after that huge bowl of pasta doesn’t mean you should keep eating. Your portions could be the reason why you’re feeling so full. Limiting your portions by keeping them light and only eating till you’re satisfied will help you stayed debloated.
5. Drink a debloating tea – If you’re a tea lover, this should be easy for you. Spices like cinnamon and ginger have the power to clear out your system of unwanted toxins. Try a lemon-ginger or mint tea instead of that afternoon cup of coffee—and before you go to bed!