Are you suffering from the lizard syndrome? When your skin has endured severe weather conditions and starts to flake and peel. Whether it is extreme heat or extreme cold, the skin, especially on the face, reacts to these weather conditions in the worst ways.
During the cold months the skin naturally tends to become drier than usual and produces flakes that makes it look unhealthy. This is because in the winter months there is a lack of moisture in the air. Whereas, after you have spent your vacation sunbathing on that picturesque beach, your skin also damages. In this situation the result is excessive peeling because of the over-consumption of Vitamin D.
The solution for these skin issues is exfoliation! This remedy will make all those flakes and dry patches disappear! In other words, the dead cells that have piled up on the skin’s surface would vanish and the result is soft, smooth skin!
Typically your exfoliating regimen should be done once a week. A factor that you have to take into consideration for exfoliating is your skin type.
- If you have sensitive skin and it gets easily irritated: once a week is your max
- If you have really dry skin: twice a week is your max
- If you have normal skin: once a week is your max
There are several options available to treat dry, flaky, rough skin. Here are some of our favorite exfoliators:
- Aveeno’s Apricot Skin Exfoliator ($3.99 at Drugstores) This achieves the job of most exfoliators, it deep cleanses leaving the skin fresh and glowing and it’s affordable!
- The Body Shop’s Tea Tree Exfolitator ($13.50 at The Body Shop) When applied to the skin it gives it a tingly refreshing feeling. it gently exfoliates while getting rid of dead skin!
- Clarisonic Mia ($129 at Sephora) The brush is designed for sensitive skin types, it enhances face, making it smoother and appear flawless. though it is pricey, it is highly recommended for all skin types!
- Boots. No.7 Advanced Renewal Anti Aging Glycolic Peel Kit ($25 at Amazon.com) Developed to make skin look youthful, the glycolic peel in this product will improve your skin’s texture and tone