The temperature is rising, we’re showing more skin, and Memorial Day is two weeks away. All signs that beach season almost here!
Before you hit the sand and waves, you have to be prepared. We rounded up 15 beach bag essentials to get you through a sunny afternoon at the shore or pool!
1. Flip flops: Necessary for any beach trip, because who honestly wants to slip on sneakers when you have sandy toes?
2. Sunblock: Everybody wants that perfect sunkissed glow, but not at the risk of getting skin cancer. Lather up with SPF!
3. Towel: If you’re by the ocean or a pool you’re going to get wet!
4. Water bottle: Being in the sun for hours can leave you dehydrated. Keep H2O handy by packing a water bottle.
5. Lip balm: Salt water and chlorinated pools will leave your lips dry. Use a lip balm with SPF for added sun protection.
6. Hair ties: When it’s hot out, the last thing you want is your hair sticking to you. Tie it up!
7. Sunglasses: We know this is the top of everyone’s list for any outdoor summer activities.
8. Deodorant: If it’s hot, you’ll get sweaty. If you’re sweaty, you’ll probably be a little smelly. Trust us on this.
9. Makeup pouch/Coin purse: Use these small bags to store makeup, or to keep your money, car keys etc. from flying around your bag.
10. Snack: You’ll work up an appetite if you’re swimming all day. Stash a healthy snack, like a protein bar, in your beach bag!
11. Headband: Another way to keep hair and fly-aways out of your face while you’re poolside.
12. Body spray: Goes hand in hand with deodorant. Give yourself a quick spritz to freshen-up!
13. Sun hat: I’m a big fan of fedoras, but there are tons of cute sun hats to choose from!
14. Hair brush: Get a travel size brush and keep it in your bag to tame your locks on the go.
15. Portable radio: Everything is better with music. Use a wireless, portable radio and play tunes from your smartphone!
Sign up to be Lucille Roberts Cheerleader and you could win our 1st place price for May: A fully loaded beach bag with most of the goodies listed above!