Mustering up the motivation to go to the gym can be tough—especially when there are so many distractions. You may just want to sit on the couch and binge watch your favorite TV show, but don’t!
These 10 fitness hacks will help you get more out of your gym membership or motivate you to get moving at home. Check them out:
1. Listen to your favorite audio book at the gym. And only at the gym so you have something to look forward to.
2. Splurge on the right workout gear. It really does affect how you feel while exercising—more firm and streamlined with body-hugging workout clothes.
3. At the first of every month, make a schedule and stick to it. Having a plan will help you not to miss a workout or weight loss deadline.
4. If running isn’t easy for you, try starting off your workout with a 1 minute jog/run and add a minute each day.
5. You can aslo try running and chatting with a friend. It regulates your breath, ensures that you’re not overexerting yourself, and keeps your mind off the pain you’re enduring.
6. Purchase some tech to help regulate your workouts. We’re loving the Fitbit or Nike Fuelband!
7. Make an awesome workout playlist to put you in the mood to sweat. Try listening to Lucille Roberts radio!
8. Keep an extra workout bag in your car or ready at home so you don’t have an excuse not to go. You’ll always feel better after getting your fitness on.
9. If water is too bland for you, try freezing your favorite fruit and adding it to your water bottle. We love lemon and oranges at the moment.
10. Join a really nice gym—aka Lucille Roberts—and motivate yourself to workout!