For the determined souls willing to attempt sweating it out during your lunch hour, we applaud you!
The time for office chit-chat, snacking, and maybe a little cat-nap is sacred time for the nine-to-fiver—so making the choice to spend that hour or so at the gym is a big deal.
If before or after work isn’t the ideal time for you to get your fitness on, then getting active during your midday break it is. To save you time, we offer you five hacks to get cut down your gym to desk time.
1. What should you wear to work? Keeping your office attire simple will save you big time when getting to and leaving the gym—a simple dress, tights, and boots will suffice. You can even start removing your jewelry and fishing for your ID card when you start leaving to save precious minutes during your commute.
2. Hairstyle? For women with long locks, opt for a cute and simple bun or braid. This will save you time during your workout not having to brush your strand away from your face and upon leaving. You can also skip washing your hair—what a plus! Also try these workout-proof hair tips!
3. What gym gear should you wear? Depending on the kind of exercise sesh you plan to have, wear a tank top with a built-in bra to lessen the number of garments you need to put on. Slip on tights or shorts, socks and gym sneaks and you’re ready to go!
4. What to do to get clean if a jiff? The lunchtime shower line can be a real pain. To save you time try bringing your flip-flops with you to class and by-pass stripping down before you head to th shower line—just remove your gear before your turn. You can even use your time in line to do a little stretching.
5. Getting back to the office quick? Once you’re down lathering up, use dry shampoo to solve your hair situation. For makeup, try a quick tinted moisturizer and a little mascara. Skip messing with multiple makeup brushes and just use one for powder to get rid of shine. Pull on fresh socks, your workout outfit, and you’re out the door!
What are your lunchtime workout saving hacks? Share yours with us on on Facebook and Twitter:@LucilleRoberts