Beat workout boredom, get motivated and have fun by trying these workouts with your pal on your next visit to Lucille Roberts!
- Partner Heel Taps.
- Position: Lie on your back with your legs straight and hands holding on to your friend’s ankles. Your friend will stand right above you, small distance from your head.
- Movement: Raise legs upward and make sure your back does not rise off the floor. Your friend will push your legs back down, so your legs will be moving up toward the ceiling and back down. Try your hardest to resist your friends’ push – this will work your core even more!
- Add a resistance band or ankle weights for more strength training.
- Alternate positions with your gym pal after completing a set of 12 reps. Repeat three times.
- Squat Jump and High Five.
- Position: Both you and your friend are standing about a foot apart, facing each other.
- Movement: Squat (as if you are going to sit in a chair) then jump up with palms facing out to clap your partners hand.
- Complete a set of 12 reps and repeat three times.
- Band Jump.
- Position: Hold a resistance band around your partner so his/her back is facing you.
- Movement: Your friend will jump forward, while you will hold the band tightly to create resistance. Your friend will walk backwards and repeat the movement.
- Do a set of 12 reps and switch positions. Repeat three times.
- Weight Rotation Twist.
- Position: Sit on the floor/mat, with your backs against each other.
- Movement: Holding a kettlebell, dumbbell or medicine ball, turn to your left and pass the weight to your friend, and he/she will bring it around on your right.
- Do a set of 15 reps (both sides are 1 rep). Repeat three times
- Sit Up and Pass.
- Position: Both you and your friend lie face up on the floor with feet flat against each other. One person should be holding a weight or medicine ball.
- Movement: Come to seated position simultaneously as you alternate passing the weight to each other. Holding the weight above your head and your head touches the floor and come back up to pass to friend.
- Compete with Each Other on the Cardio Equipment.
- Set the time and distance for who can complete the most mileage within a specific time frame on the treadmill, elliptical, bike etc. The loser will bake heal
- Reach and Touch Plank.
- Position: Either on your forearms or hands positions your bodies in plank position with head facing each other.
- Movement- bring arms up to touch your friend’s shoulder, alternating tapping each other on both sides.
- Plank Hold and Jump.
- Position- as you are in plank position, your friend is standing on left side of your feet.
- Movement: your friend will jump/hop over your heels from side to side.
- Do movements for 1 minute and switch positions.
If your friends are not Lucille Roberts members, invite them to join you & the #LRfearless team for FREE! Here is what you do:
1. On your next visit to your local Lucille Roberts, snap a picture of the guest pass at the front desk.
2. Text the guest pass to your friends.
3. When your friends come in, all they have to do is show the image of guest pass to the front desk. That’s it!
Also make sure to take a picture and share with us on our social media, using #LRspringtraining and #nowgivememypoints