Just like eating the same foods every day can be boring, doing the same workout time after time becomes tedious and uninspiring, and results become harder and take longer to achieve. Instead of simply hitting the quick start button on a cardio machine (like the treadmill or elliptical), you can try a preset program to add variety to your workout and to get better results!
In a recent blog post, Lucille Roberts trainer Midge Pileggi discusses why you should try interval training. She nails it! What she says:
- You won’t get bored.
- You burn more calories.
- You don’t need anything special to do this.
The Precor cardio machines at Lucille Roberts gyms offer different preset workouts–including interval training–to help you achieve your goals and to make it fun to exercise. Each Precor machine’s console includes the following preset programs: manual, interval, weight loss, heart rate, hill climb, cross country, random, and aerobic. Each program offers a different cardio workout with adjustable settings to make the workout both challenging and safe. By making your workouts challenging, you will see results!
As the Precor Owners Manual says, “Preset workouts are a great way to tailor your workouts to your fitness goals, stay challenged, and add variety to your sessions.”
So, why not take advantage of these programs?
Here are step by step instructions to set up a program on the Precor treadmill, elliptical, and bike. If you have questions about how to choose the proper settings for your level of fitness, ask a Lucille Roberts personal trainer for help.
To begin using a preset cardio program:
- On the Welcome screen, press Programs/Workouts.
- Press Programs/Workouts or Input Up/Input Down repeatedly to move through the program list.
- To begin your workout immediately, press Go when the name of the program you want appears in the text display area.
- To add personal data such as age or weight, press Enter. Enter your weight, age and desired workout time. Before an exercise session begins, a three-second countdown appears in the upper text display.
Enjoy your workout!
Gary Weingarten is a Commercial Fitness Equipment Sales Specialist, Sales Executive, and Key Account Manager at Precor, a division of Amer Sports, which supplies equipment to Lucille Roberts gyms.