Embarking—and staying—on a journey to be healthier isn’t as easy as we all wish it is. It takes hard work, discipline and dedication. Even if you can check those things off the list, you’ll still find yourself craving bad-for-you foods, lazy days when you don’t feel like exercising and other distractions.
1. Bring a water bottle with you everywhere. H20 should be your new best friend! If you don’t already know, the benefits of water are endless: it can increase your energy, help you get glowing skin, flush out toxin and more. So grab yourself a cute water bottle, fill it up, and bring it to the gym, the office, the mall and any other place you spend time to sip on all day.
2. Wake up early! You’ve heard the saying: “The early bird catches the worm.” In this case, think of the worm as your daily workout. Yeah, exercises in the morning isn’t that appealing, but you’ll find yourself with more energy and feel more awake to tackle your day. Get going!
3. Feeling sore after an awesome workout. Don’t you love that feeling you get after an intense workout where you think you can do anything…and then the next day you can barely move? Yeah, that’s not actually as bad as you think it is. Your body is getting stronger after workout, so keep it up!
4. Tracking your steps. Fitness trackers are all the rage these days—and for good reason! Taking the elevator when you really could be walking up/down the stairs…yeah, don’t be that guy! Consider getting Fitbit or other device to help track your steps. You’ll see the difference and feel more encouraged to use those legs.
5. Your blender is your BFF. Drinking your veggies instead of eating them? Sounds good to us! In fact, smoothies are one of the best ways to start of your day. Whether you’re a veggie lover or enjoy more fruity flavors, try one of our favorite smoothie recipes!
What is your favorite healthy habit? Share yours with us on Facebook and Twitter: @LucilleRoberts