We’ve just launched the second edition of Lucille Roberts Radio. You can check it out here for great music to listen to during your workout, at work or at home.
We sat down with DJ Lindsay Luv, the curator of the playlists and our friend in fitness. Check out our interview with her and let us know what you’d like us to ask her for next month’s chat! Don’t forget to follow her on Twitter and like her on Facebook!
1. Which celebrities do you think have killer abs?
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel! She has a nice flat stomach while maintaining a great feminine shape! Gotta luv a supermodel’s abs! Also Spice Girl & X Factor Host Mel B has a killer six pack at all times- even after 3 children (major kudos!), and I am a sucker for Cameron Diaz’s tight abs!
2. What 5 songs are a must for a hard run on the treadmill?
- “Scream & Shout” by Will.i.am ft. Britney Spears
- “Don’t You Worry Child” by Swedish House Mafia
- “Revolver” by Madonna
- “Little Bad Girl” by David Guetta ft. Taio Cruz & Ludacris
- “The Night Out” by Martin Solveig
3. What ingredients are in your favorite smoothie?
I love a great Kale smoothie! It has all the nutrients you need for a boost! I like mine with kale, bananas, almond milk, cinnamon and dates!!! The cinnamon makes it extra tasty!
4. How do you help your hair recover after a long workout?
I try and plan my sweatiest workouts with my hair schedule! If you wash your hair a few times a week then plan those crazy workouts for those days! The other days I just stick to long walks and things to keep my cardio up without ruining my hair! The best way to keep your hair feeling great is a deep conditioning mask once a week. I am in love with L’Oreal’s Nature’s Therapy Mega Moisture Creme for an at home treatment! It smells like apples and leaves your hair silky and soft!
5. What’s your go-to exercise when you’re travelling and can’t get to the gym?
When traveling anywhere you go you can always walk a few miles (especially in New York)! And exercises like planks, crunches and pushups are easy to do on the go! I also sneak a resistance band in my luggage and use that for some exercises in my hotel room!