Getting and staying fit and healthy isn’t only achieved by exercising—you have to eat right too! The foods you eat have the power to effect the outcome of your fitness and health routine.
So if you find yourself constantly reaching inside your refrigerator to find fatty and unhealthy foods, a makeover is in order. Here are our favorite foods to keep our fridges stocked with.
1. Fruit – A good alternative option to sugary sweets is to snack on fresh fruit. Berries, oranges, apples, and pears are essential to a healthy diet as they have tons of antixidants—and they are easy to simply grab and go!
2. Lemon – Quickly slicing up a lemon and adding it to your water is a way to spice a bland drink. This is also a good addition to a daily detox. And if you’re not a fan of lemon, try cutting some cucumber and orange to add to your beverage.
3. Eggs – Yum! Pretty much any way you like your eggs prepared is a good option. We opt for hard-boiled as it is a great protein-filled breakfast choice.
4. Spinach – Specifically baby spinach, is an essential way to add a ton of nutrition to any meal. This hearty green will go with pretty much anything. From pizza to eggs, you won’t be sorry!
5. Vegetables – Snacking on veggies is also a great way to steer clear of other unhealthy snacks. Try to stock up on baby carrots, celery, and sliced bell pepper to pair with your favorite dressing.
6. Yogurt – If desserts are your weakness, yogurt could be your savior. Grabbing a cup of plain or greek yogurt and topping with fruit is a delicious desert to help keep you on track. It’s also a great alternative to sour cream and/or butter in baking.
What are your fridge essentials? Share yours with us on Facebook and Twitter: @LucilleRoberts