Protein and nutrition bars are perfect for the girl on the go. But did you know that some of these seemingly healthy and nutritious snacks actually pack a ton of sugar, fat and extra calories?
Opt instead to make your own nutrition bars at home using all-natural ingredients and this simple recipe!
4-Ingredient Crunchy Peanut Butter Bars!
- 1/2C peanut butter
- 5T brown rice syrup
- 3T ground flax seed meal
- 2C millet puffs or puffed brown rice
- -/2C raisins (optional)
- First, melt peanut butter (if need be).
- Then, transfer to a medium sized bowl and add brown rice syrup and mix.
- Add millet puffs, flax, and raisins and mix until it becomes one big Clif ball.
- Then, spray an 8×8 pan with non stick cooking spray and transfer mixture into pan.
- With your fingers, firmly press into the pan, compressing the mixture together.
- Place pan into the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Next, flip pan over so you have one big clif bar. Using a knife, cut into 6-8 bars.
Recipe via Fit Foodie Finds