- Drink plenty of fluids. Staying hydrated is a must during the summer months. Be sure to drink liquids throughout the day, sticking to non-caffeinated beverages. Water is your friend.
- Eat regularly. The heat can decrease your appetite, but it’s important to eat normally. Try to munch on smaller meals 5-6 times per day. Make sure to include lots of fruits and veggies.
- Wear light, loose fitting clothing. Cotton is always a good choice. If you find yourself perspiring during your outdoor activities, consider clothing designed to wick away sweat.
- Wear sunscreen. Whether you exercise in the morning or evening, the sun can still reach you. Slather on some sun block to skip getting sun burnt.
- Check the weather before you start your workout. If there’s aheat advisory, meaning high ozone and air pollution, you might want to take your workout indoors.
(Visited 61 time, 1 visit today)