When enjoying the summer sun, it’s important to remember the potential risks that come with exercising in the heat. Use these tips to take full advantage of all the fun this season:
- Drink plenty of fluids. Staying hydrated is a must during the summer months. Be sure to drink liquids throughout the day, sticking to non-caffeinated beverages. Water is your friend.
- Eat regularly. The heat can decrease your appetite, but it’s important to eat normally. Try to munch on smaller meals 5-6 times per day. Make sure to include lots of fruits and veggies.
- Wear light, loose fitting clothing. Cotton is always a good choice. If you find yourself perspiring during your outdoor activities, consider clothing designed to wick away sweat.
- Wear sunscreen. Whether you exercise in the morning or evening, the sun can still reach you. Slather on some sun block to skip getting sun burnt.
- Check the weather before you start your workout. If there’s aheat advisory, meaning high ozone and air pollution, you might want to take your workout indoors.
(Visited 75 time, 2 visit today)