If you’re pressed for time and looking for a quick, healthy snack, try this black bean hummus. It has lots of protein and fiber!
Black Bean Hummus
- 1 can of black beans (low sodium)
- 1/2 can chick peas
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 cup of your favorite vegetable or a mix of different veggies (jalapenos, red peppers, eggplant etc)
1. Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
2. Serve chilled or warm with an assortment of sliced veggies (celery, carrots, peppers).
That’s it! Leftovers keep up to a week, or you can freeze them.
1 serving size = approx. 2 Tbsp. of hummus