This is a quick and easy snack that’s good for munching on-the-go. Best of all, chickpeas are a good source of protein and healthy fats, and 1 cup contains 45% of your daily fiber intake!
- 1 can chickpeas (15 oz.)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Any spices you like (ideas: curry, pepper, garlic, tumeric)
1. Rinse 1 can of chickpeas.
2. Microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
3. Combine 1 tsp. olive oil and chickpeas in frying pan, and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Right before removing pan from heat, add seasonings of your choice.
5. Serve hot or cold. Enjoy!
Serving size: 1 cup (recipe makes approx. 2 servings). 289 calories, 6.55 g fat, 14.5 g protein, 12.5 g fiber.
Lucille Roberts LiveRite weight loss protein shake mixes are available at all Lucille Roberts gyms for $19.99.