Valentine’s Day is around the corner. Here is a “sinless” sweet treat that makes a delightful Valentine’s gift–or a dessert anytime of the year!
Fat-Free High-Protein Cheesecake-Filled Strawberries
- 2 scoops Vanilla LiveRite protein
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup agave
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs (You’ll use 2 full eggs and 1 egg white.)
- Graham cracker crumbs for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, agave, and flour until smooth.
3. Add 2 eggs, 1 egg white, and LiveRite protein. Stir until consistent.
4. Pour batter into a non-stick pan (9″ x 9″ or similar). A springform pan is usually advised for cheesecakes, but we will be serving it as a filling rather than as a cake, so the pan is unnecessary.
5. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes until firm but still white (not yet browned).
6. While filling is baking, wash and core 12-24 strawberries so that they have a hollow center.
7. After cheesecake filling has baked, allow it to cool.
8. Once it has cooled, transfer the filling into a Ziplock bag, with one of the bottom corners cut off.
9. Slowly fill each strawberry to the top with the filling by squeezing it out of the cut corner of the Ziplock bag.
10. When you are done filling all your strawberries, sprinkle the tops with graham cracker crumbs. Enjoy!
Nutritional information: About 75 calories per strawberry, 1 g protein each. Less than 0.1 g fat per berry. Serving size is 3 strawberries (unless you use huge ones, in which case limit yourself to 2).
Recipe and photos by Ilise “Baker Babe” Reilly, manager of Lucille Roberts Flushing.
Lucille Roberts LiveRite weight loss protein shake mixes are available at all Lucille Roberts gyms for $19.99.